On this page, we present you with the best gems and enchants for a Blood Death Knight in World of Warcraft MoP 5.4. We also list the best consumables (food, flasks, and potions) and profession-specific perks.
Make sure to check our Gear Optimisation Guide, which serves as a support guide for this page.
The other pages of our Blood Death Knight guide can be accessed from the table of contents on the right.
Note that Extra Enchantments can be applied to an item in addition to a Main Enchantment.
Runeforging allows you to enchant your weapons with a variety of Death Knight specific enchants. Most of these have an emphasis on PvP or are simply not very useful.
Keep in mind, however, that you should always use a Runeforge, instead of a regular enchant. You should choose one of the following two Runeforges:
- Rune of Swordshattering: grants 4% chance to parry. This is preferable for most encounters;
- Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle: grants 4% armor and 2% Stamina. This Runeforge may be preferable for encounters with heavy magic damage, where the Stamina is more useful than the extra avoidance offered by Rune of Swordshattering.
For encounter with heavy physical damage, you should always eat food that gives you Strength. You will be granted:
For encounter with heavy magic damage, you should always eat food that gives you Stamina. You will be granted:
You should always use a Flask of the Earth.
During the encounter, your best choice for a potion will be Potion of the Mountains for physical damage and Master Healing Potion for magic damage.
4. Summing-up Profession Perks↑top
Choosing a profession for your Blood Death Knight can impact your raid performance. As a rule, you should shy away from gathering professions (with the exception of Mining), which leaves the following viable professions for raiding:
||Provides a 640 Mastery or 480 Stamina gain through two extra sockets, Socket Bracer and Socket Gloves, in which you can fit 2 Fractured Sun's Radiance or 2 Solid River's Heart..
||Provides a 320 Mastery Rating gain through the ability to use 2 Fractured Serpent's Eye, or a 480 Stamina gain through the ability to use 2 Solid Serpent's Eye (if you gem for Stamina).
||Provides a 1,920 Dodge Rating bonus for 10 seconds, on a 1 minute cooldown, through Phase Fingers.
||Provides a 480 Stamina gain to your flask through Mixology.
||Provides +750 Stamina through Fur Lining - Stamina, instead of the usual +170 Dodge provided by Enchant Bracer - Major Dodge or +170 Mastery provided by Enchant Bracer - Mastery. Also provides Heavy Leg Reinforcements, a much cheaper equivalent to Ironscale Leg Armor, the traditional leg enchant.
||Provides a 480 Stamina gain through Enchant Ring - Greater Stamina.
||Provides a 480 Stamina gain through Secret Ox Horn Inscription.
||Provides a 480 Stamina gain, through Toughness.
- 13 Jan. 2014: Added new food items added in patch 5.4.
- 10 Sep. 2013: Patch 5.4: removed Frag Belt, following its nerf.
- 20 May 2013: Patch 5.3 update: nothing to change.
- 14 May 2013: Fixed a small issue where we mentioned that you can use 3 Jewelcrafting-only gems instead of 2.
- 24 Apr. 2013: Added legendary meta-gem.
- 02 Apr. 2013: Removed green-quality gems.
- 31 Mar. 2013: Added Keen Vermilion Onyx/ Perfect Keen Tiger Opal as an option for red sockets when not prioritising avoidance after Mastery. Also added mention that the default food and flask should be the one that provide Stamina.