On this page, we present you with the best gems and enchants for a Guardian Druid in World of Warcraft MoP 5.4. We also list the best consumables (food, flasks, and potions) and profession-specific perks.
Make sure to check our Gear Optimisation Guide, which serves as a support guide for this page.
The other pages of our Guardian Druid guide can be accessed from the table of contents on the right.
Regarding meta-gem choice, we would like to mention that the Indomitable Primal Diamond is the best meta-gem for progression content in Patch 5.4.
Additionally, once you reach 79% Critical Strike chance on your character sheet, you should gem for Haste Rating instead of Critical Strike Rating.
Note that Extra Enchantments can be applied to an item in addition to a Main Enchantment.
You should always eat food that gives you Stamina. You will be granted:
You should use a combination of elixirs, namely you should use Mantid Elixir and Mad Hozen Elixir. Alternatively, if you really need more Stamina, you can use a Flask of the Earth.
If you have over 79% Critical Strike chance, then you should use Elixir of the Rapids instead of Mad Hozen Elixir.
During the encounter, your best choice for a potion will be Potion of the Mountains for physical damage and Master Healing Potion for magic damage.
Alternatively, you can use a Virmen's Bite potion if you wish to boost your DPS.
4. Summing-up Profession Perks↑top
Choosing a profession for your Guardian Druid can impact your raid performance. As a rule, you should shy away from gathering professions (with the exception of Herbalism), which leaves the following viable professions for raiding:
||Provides a 640 Critical Strike Rating gain through two extra sockets, Socket Bracer and Socket Gloves, in which you can fit 2 Smooth Sun's Radiance.
||Provides a 320 Critical Strike Rating gain through the ability to use 2 Smooth Serpent's Eye
||Provides a 480 Stamina gain to your flask through Mixology.
||Provides a 480 Stamina gain through Enchant Ring - Greater Stamina.
||Provides a 1,920 Dodge Rating bonus for 10 seconds, on a 1 minute cooldown, through Phase Fingers or a 1,920 Agility bonus for 10 seconds every minute through Synapse Springs (the overall gain is +320 Agility).
||Provides a 480 Stamina gain through Secret Ox Horn Inscription.
||Provides +750 Stamina through Fur Lining - Stamina, instead of the usual +170 Dodge provided by Enchant Bracer - Major Dodge or +170 Mastery provided by Enchant Bracer - Mastery. Also provides Heavy Leg Reinforcements, a much cheaper equivalent to Ironscale Leg Armor, the traditional leg enchant.
||Provides +1000 Attack Power in average through Swordguard Embroidery, instead of +200 Stamina from Enchant Cloak - Greater Protection.
||Provides a 480 Haste Rating gain in average through Lifeblood.
- 13 Jan. 2014: Added new food items added in patch 5.4.
- 29 Sep. 2013: Added Synapse Springs as an Engineering bonus.
- 10 Sep. 2013: Patch 5.4 update.
- Removed Frag Belt, following its nerf.
- Added mentions of alternative gems, enchants, and consumables if you reach the 79% Critical Strike chance cap.
- 23 May 2013: Added Capacitive Primal Diamond to the list, and added a short mention of tanking versus DPS meta-gems below the gem table.
- 20 May 2013: Patch 5.3 update: nothing to change.
- 24 Apr. 2013: Added legendary meta-gem.
- 05 Apr. 2013: Added Agile Primal Diamond as a potential meta-gem for increasing your DPS. Also added Enchant Gloves - Greater Haste and Enchant Gloves - Superior Expertise as options for hand enchants. Added suggestion to use a combination of elixirs instead of Flask of the Earth (unless you really need additional Stamina), and added Virmen's Bite as an option for a potion if you want more DPS.
- 02 Apr. 2013: Removed green-quality gems.