On this page, we present you with the best gems and enchants fora Protection Warrior in World of Warcraft MoP 5.4.We also list the best consumables (food, flasks, and potions) andprofession-specific perks.
Make sure to check our GearOptimisation Guide, which serves as a support guide for this page.
The other pages of our Protection Warrior guide can be accessedfrom the table of contents on the right.
Note that Extra Enchantments can be applied to an item in addition to aMain Enchantment.
We advise you to always eat food that gives you Stamina. You will begranted:
For the vast majority of encounters, you should use a Flask of the Earth.Your other option is Flask of Winter's Bite, which grants you Strength.Strength provides you with increased DPS/threat, as well as increasing yourchance to parry.
During the encounter, your best choice for a potion will be Potion of the Mountains for physical damage and Master Healing Potion for magic damage.
In order to boost your DPS (which is considerable), you can use a Potion of Mogu Power instead of the above-mentioned potions (which havea relatively small effect on your survivability).
4. Summing-up Profession Perks↑top
Choosing a profession for your Protection Warrior can impact your raidperformance. As a rule, you should shy away from gathering professions (withthe exception of Mining), which leaves the following viable professions forraiding:
||Provides a 640 Mastery or 480 Stamina gain through two extra sockets, Socket Bracer and Socket Gloves, in which you can fit 2 Fractured Sun's Radiance or 2 Solid River's Heart..
||Provides a 320 Dodge/Parry or Critical Strike Rating gain through theability to use 2 Subtle Serpent's Eye, Flashing Serpent's Eye, or Smooth Serpent's Eye respectively, or a 480 Stamina gain through the ability to use 2 Solid Serpent's Eye (if you are gemming for Stamina).
||Provides a 1,920 Dodge Rating bonus for 10 seconds, on a 1 minute cooldown, through Phase Fingers.
||Provides a 480 Stamina gain to your flask through Mixology.
||Provides +750 Stamina through Fur Lining - Stamina, instead of the usual +170 Dodge provided by Enchant Bracer - Major Dodge or +170 Mastery provided by Enchant Bracer - Mastery. Also provides Heavy Leg Reinforcements, a much cheaper equivalent to Ironscale Leg Armor, the traditional leg enchant.
||Provides a 480 Stamina gain through Enchant Ring - Greater Stamina.
||Provides a 480 Stamina gain through Secret Ox Horn Inscription.
||Provides a 480 Stamina gain, through Toughness.
The best profession for a Protection Warrior is Leatherworking, which offersa huge Stamina gain on an item on which you cannot otherwise obtain Stamina.It also allows you to use Drums of Speed, which can be beneficial.
- 13 Jan. 2014: Added new food items added in patch 5.4.
- 16 Oct. 2013: Rectified the Jewelcrafting entry to no longer referto Mastery Rating gains.
- 15 Oct. 2013: Vastly reworked the gemming suggestions (includingadding a gemming strategy for full Critical Strike Rating gearing). Added Sha Armor Kit, Enchant Gloves - Superior Expertise, and Enchant Bracer - Major Dodge to the enchant list. Added a mention thatLeatherworking is the best profession.
- 10 Sep. 2013: Patch 5.4: removed Frag Belt, following its nerf.
- 20 May 2013: Patch 5.3 update: nothing to change.
- 24 Apr. 2013: Added legendary meta-gem.
- 24 Apr. 2013: Updated the meta-gem to Austere Primal Diamond,since this is the best choice. Added Potion of Mogu Power as an alternativepotion.
- 02 Apr. 2013: Removed green-quality gems.